Red Bloomers  
8-26-09  
Yesterday I made some red bloomers from my linnen stash.  I'd been using the victorian bloomers for events (yes not period) but they were a real pain when I had to use the privy.
 
 

They didn't take very long to make and I made them extra roomy.

The elastic will make it more convient when using the privy and holding up all those heavy skirts while trying to keep the undies from touching the floor.  Sorry...TMI I know.

 

 

Victorian & Civil War Underwear

 

 

  Bloomers I've made my first pair of bloomers from the McCalls pattern to the right.
    The issue with these is that they are closed by a ribbon.  I made them a little too small as well.  I have wore these on an extreemly hot day 106 and did well since they are linen.  
       

 

Home | Rivendell | Rohan | Gondor | What's New | Contact